Domini Social Investments is a leading socially responsible mutual fund firm headquartered in the SoHo area of New York City. We operate in a casual but professional atmosphere in which interdepartmental collaboration is the standard and new ideas are welcome. Domini Social Investments is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Domini Social Investments manages a global family of mutual funds for individual and institutional investors seeking to create positive change in society by integrating social and environmental standards into their investment decisions. Two fundamental principles underlie the global investment standards that Domini applies to each of its investment products: the promotion of a society that values human dignity and the enrichment of our natural environment.
Headquartered in SoHo, NY, we operate in a casual but professional atmosphere. Inter-departmental collaboration is the standard and new ideas are welcome. Domini Social Investments is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse work force.
We are seeking a full-time Research Associate for the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Investment Research department. He or she will be responsible for conducting ESG research on Japanese companies across all industries, as well as, non-Japanese companies for specific industry groups. This position requires strong Japanese reading and writing skills to enhance the research process. Tasks include reading and analyzing company documents, press articles, and third-party reports in order to evaluate companies according to Domini’s ESG Standards. The Research Associate will also communicate and engage with corporations and other stakeholders when necessary.
- minimum of bachelor’s degree in humanities, social science, finance or related field
- must be fluent in Japanese, this includes reading, writing, and speaking (both conversationally and participating in business meetings conducted in Japanese)
- familiarity with, and interest in, social and environmental issues
- solid writing and research skills, including the ability to produce definitive analysis
- must be authorized to work in the United States
- familiarity with 10-K documents or Yuho a plus
- familiarity with Bloomberg, Factiva, a/or Nikkei Telecon 21 a plus
Resume and cover letter, including salary requirements must be submitted in order to be considered for this position. Please note that any applicants that do not include salary requirements will not be considered. Please forward your resume and cover letter to: