What is a mutual fund?
All of Domini’s accounts are mutual fund accounts. Mutual funds pool money together from a group of investors; even individual investors can make a difference when they contribute money to a mutual fund that chooses to invest in companies who have environmental and social standards. Invest in the right mutual fund, and you become more than an investor; you become part of a community of caring individuals who come together to make an impact based on shared values. In other words, you become an impact investor. You care not only about investment returns, but also about how those returns are made.
What kind of mutual fund accounts can I open?
You can help make an impact with any of the following mutual fund accounts.
Individual Investment Account
A standard, non-retirement mutual fund account for a single person.
Joint Tenant Investment Account
A standard, non-retirement mutual fund account for couples and business partners.
Custodial Investment Account
A standard, non-retirement mutual fund account that’s in a child’s name but managed by an adult.
A tax-deferred Individual Retirement Account, with nondeductible contributions.
A tax-deferred Individual Retirement Account, typically with tax deductible or pre-tax contributions.
Traditional Rollover IRA
Used to consolidate pre-tax employer-sponsored retirement plans like 401(k)s for potential tax-deferred growth and to avoid early withdrawal penalties.
Roth Rollover IRA
Used to consolidate an Roth 401(k)s or employer-sponsored retirement plan and to avoid early withdrawal penalties.
Provides business owners and their employees with a simplified method to save for their retirement.
A tax-deferred employer-provided retirement plan that allows employees to set aside savings for retirement.
Coverdell Education Savings Account
A tax-deferred account that helps those under 18 save for college responsibly.
What account types can be opened by online?
Only the following individual accounts can opened online:
- Roth Individual Retirement Account (Roth IRA)
- Traditional Individual Retirement Account (Traditional IRA)
- Individual Investment Account
- Joint Tenant Investment Account
- UTMA/UGMA Custodial Account
What do I need to open an account online?
To open your account online you will need:
- Social Security number
- Social security number of any beneficiaries if you are setting up an IRA with beneficiaries
- United States based address
- E-mail address
What account types can be opened by mail?
Any account type can be opened by mail. There are two ways you can do this
1. You can print out the forms online and mail them in.
2. You can request an investment kit with pre-printed forms that you fill out and send back to us.
Are there investment minimums?
Yes, the following are the minimum initial investments for all Domini Funds:
- $2,500 per fund for standard accounts*
- $1,500 per fund for IRAs and Coverdell ESAs
* $1,500 if opened with an Automatic Investment Plan.
More questions? We’re listening.
[Open account online]