Behind every tree, the power of we.
As impact leaders, our long-term initiative to protect and preserve forests, also called the Domini Forest Project, is committed to understanding the drivers of forest destruction, its impact on our investment decisions, and how we can encourage ourselves, corporations, and governments to become forest value creators. Led by our strategic advisor, Steve Lydenberg, it’s also a project that exemplifies our work in system-level investing, which means we invest with an awareness that environmental, social, and financial systems are interconnected. That’s why our forest approach covers more than trees: it encompasses sustainable agriculture, land conversation, and Indigenous rights too.
- A Look Into Our Toolbox:
Forest Stewardship Council CertificationIn our latest Impact Update, we took a close look at one of our most valuable tools for corporate sustainability research related to respecting and protecting forests: the Forest Stewardship Council’s certifications.
- All Hands on Deck—Forests and Holistic ActionIn this article, we discuss the importance of forests, the threats they currently face, and how they impact us.
- Our Q4 Impact Update is Now AvailableRead about Domini’s latest work on forests, biodiversity, worker well-being, environmental justice, and more.
- At COP15, Investors Announce Nature Action 100 to Tackle Nature Loss and Biodiversity Decline Participating investors will focus on mobilizing companies deemed to be systemically important to the goal of reversing nature and biodiversity loss by 2030; the initiative is encouraging investor signatories to participate ahead of its spring 2023 formal launch.
- Once Our Forests Reach a Tipping Point, the Loss May Be IrreversibleAt Domini, as we confronted the complexities of climate change, we realized just how important the stability of these environmental and societal systems are to us. When these systems are unstable, our investments can be exposed to non-diversifiable risks. As investors, we are well-served to pay attention to these systems’ potential risks and rewards.
- Financial Institutions Call for Support of Finance Ministers for an Ambitious Global Biodiversity FrameworkThe CEOs of leading financial institutions Aviva, Domini Impact Investments LLC and Storebrand Asset Management, have sent a letter on behalf of the Finance for Biodiversity Foundation to the Coalition of Finance Ministers for Climate Action to address the importance of and take urgent action towards aligning financial flows with the goals and targets of the Global Biodiversity Framework in the run-up to the 15th Conference of the Parties (COP15) in Canada in December 2022.
- Food and Agriculture: Finding Sustainable Solutions, Old and NewPublished in GreenMoney’s June 2022 issue. By Mary Beth Gallagher, Director of Engagement One of the Lenape Center leaders reframed … Continued
- Rethinking the Premise: A Circular EconomyThe reshaping of an industry often starts with a question: What if? What if we invested our money in a … Continued
- Highlight from Our ESG Research: Sustainable Palm OilAt Domini, we conduct proprietary in-house research to evaluate the social and environmental performance of our investments. Our in-depth, independent … Continued