Two goals. One set of standards.
At Domini, universal human dignity and ecological sustainability are our goals. Standards are the path we take to achieve them. Our environmental and social standards help us identify strong, long-term investments. Our research team applies these standards uniformly across our Funds, which sets us apart from other ESG fund firms.
Through all our investments, we seek to promote:
Universal human dignity
We seek investments that promote universal values of fairness, equality, justice, and respect for human rights. They work to ensure every human has the ability to thrive.
- Protection of fundamental rights and freedoms
- Just treatment and fair compensation for employees
- Supply chain labor standards and vulnerable worker protections
- Respect for Indigenous peoples and local cultures
- Advance racial equity and address systemic racism and negative impacts on Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) communities
- Elimination of toxic chemicals and substances in consumer products
- Reduced pesticide use and promotion of organic food
- Worker health and safety
- Health access and protection of local communities
- Economic inclusion, financial literacy, and reduced income inequalities
- Workplace inclusion and anti-discrimination
- Gender-diverse management teams
- Creation and protection of public goods, including education and healthcare systems
- Affordable housing and sustainable infrastructure and transport systems
- Anti-bribery, anti-money laundering, and anti-corruption
- Responsible tax and political-lobbying practices
We seek investments that promote long-term environmental sustainability. They inspire a greener planet and more sustainable future.
- Time-bound climate transition plans
- Long-term strategies for climate resilience
- Just transition that works for all communities
- Investments in clean, renewable energy sources
- Promotion of safer, more energy efficient technologies
- Sustainable design and engineering
- Responsible production and consumption patterns, and improved lifecycle design
- Energy-and water-use efficiency programs
- Waste reduction and recycling programs
- Sustainable land use, fishing methods, and agricultural practices
- Pollution control and abatement for cleaner air and waterways
- Sustainable forestry practices
- Protection of local ecosystems and wildlife
Our Exclusionary Standards
What don’t we invest in?
Our exclusionary standards ensure any money invested in a Domini Fund does not substantially support business lines that are involved in activities that are fundamentally misaligned with our goals of supporting a better future for the planet and its people. These industries include:
Read more about how we evaluate companies, incorporate the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to build SDG-aligned portfolios, create exclusionary standards, and ultimately, support the strength and resiliency of our social, environmental, and financial systems.