Domini Impact Bond FundSM
Fixed-income investments are particularly well-suited for addressing a wide range of economic disparities in our society. The Domini Impact Bond FundSM seeks to help build healthy and vibrant communities by directing capital to where it is needed most, while providing its shareholders with a high level of current income and total return.
Net Assets as of 06/30/22
Fund: $236.0 million
Investor shares: $129.5 million
Daily Price (NAV)
Daily NAV Change
Domini Impact Investments LLC
Wellington Management Company LLP
Annual Expense Ratio1
Gross: 1.10%/Net: 0.87%
Per current prospectus
Front-End Sales Charge (Load)
Minimum Initial Investment
$2,500 for standard accounts
$1,500 for retirement accounts, custodial and educational accounts, and standard accounts opened with an automatic investment plan
The Fund invests in a portfolio of primarily investment-grade fixed-income securities, including U.S. Government agency bonds, corporate debt, and mortgage- and other asset-backed securities. The Fund maintains an effective duration within two years (plus or minus) of the portfolio duration of the securities comprising the Bloomberg U.S. Aggregate Bond Index. It is managed through a two-step process designed to capitalize on the strengths of Domini Impact Investments and Wellington Management.
Guided by our Impact Investment Standards, Domini sets environmental and social guidelines and objectives for each asset class and creates an approved list of securities based on our in-depth environmental and social research and analysis. Wellington constructs and manages a portfolio of Domini-approved securities using proprietary analytical tools.
The Fund may change any of the policies described above at any time.
Investor Shares Performance
|Fund||YTD||1 YR||3 YR*||5 YR*||10 YR*|
|Bloomberg U.S. Aggregate Bond Index||-8.16||-9.12||-0.21||1.28||1.65|
|Fund||YTD||1 YR||3 YR*||5 YR*||10 YR*|
|Bloomberg U.S. Aggregate Bond Index||-10.35||-10.29||-0.93||0.88||1.54|
* Average annual total returns.
Returns for periods less than one year are not annualized.
The Fund’s current investment strategy and Subadviser services commenced on January 7, 2015. Performance information for periods beginning prior to January 7, 2015 reflects the investment strategies employed during those periods.
1. The Fund’s Adviser has contractually agreed to waive certain fees and/or reimburse certain ordinary operating expenses in order to limit Investor share expenses to 0.87% through November 30, 2022. There can be no assurance the Adviser will extend the expense limitations beyond such time. While in effect, the arrangement may be terminated for a class only by agreement of the Adviser and the Fund’s Board of Trustees.
Annual Expense Ratio – Gross: 1.10% / Net: 0.87%. Per current prospectus.
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. The Fund’s returns quoted above represent past performance after all expenses. The returns reflect any applicable expense waivers in effect during the periods shown. Without such waivers, Fund performance would be lower. Investment return, principal value, and yield will fluctuate. Your shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost. See the Performance tables above for more complete performance information, including returns current to the most recent month-end, which may be lower or higher than the performance data quoted. See the prospectus for further information.
An investment in the Domini Impact Bond Fund is not a bank deposit and is not insured. You may lose money. An investment in the Domini Impact Bond Fund is subject to credit, interest rate, liquidity, and market risks. See the prospectus for more information on risk.
The performance above does not reflect the deduction of fees and taxes that a shareholder would pay on Fund distributions or the redemption of Fund shares. Total return is based on the Fund’s net asset values and assumes all dividends and capital gains were reinvested.
Although the Domini Impact Bond Fund Investor shares are no-load, certain fees and expenses apply to a continued investment and are described in the prospectus.
The Bloomberg U.S. Aggregate (BUSA) Bond Index is an index representing securities that are U.S. domestic, taxable, and dollar denominated and covering the U.S. investment-grade fixed-rate bond market, with index components for government and corporate securities and asset-backed securities. Investors cannot invest directly in the BUSA.
|Security Name||Weight (%)|
|FNMA TBA 30 Yr 2.5 Single Family Mortgage||8.69|
|FNMA TBA 30 Yr 3 Single Family Mortgage||3.98|
|Fed Home Ln Discount Nt Discount Not 08/22 0.00000||3.35|
|Fed Home Ln Discount Nt Discount Not 08/22 0.00000||2.34|
|Fannie Mae Notes 08/30 0.875||2.29|
|FNMA TBA 30 Yr 4 Single Family Mortgage||1.95|
|Freddie Mac Notes 02/25 1.5||1.81|
|GNMA II Tba 30 Yr 3.5 Jumbos||1.77|
|Federal Home Loan Bank Bonds 11/28 3.25||1.72|
|FNMA Pool Cb2781 Fn 02/52 Fixed 3||1.69|
|U.S. Government Agency Obligations||20.42|
|Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities||10.89|
|Emerging Market Debt||1.75|
|Developed Non-U.S. Dollar Denominated||1.45|
|Credit Quality||Weight (%)|
|CCC/Caa or Lower||0.1|
2. Credit quality ratings are the opinions of Standard & Poor’s Rating Services, a division of McGraw-Hill Companies,Inc. (Standard & Poor’s), and Moody’s Investors Service, Inc. (Moody’s) for the underlying securities of the Fund, and typically range from AAA/Aaa (highest) to C/D (lowest). If Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s assign different ratings, the lower rating is used.
3. Securities that are not rated by either agency are listed as “Not Rated.” Ratings do not apply to the Fund itself or to Fund shares. Ratings may change.
The composition of the Fund’s portfolio is subject to change. The Domini Funds maintain portfolio holdings disclosure policies that govern the timing and circumstances of disclosure to shareholders and third parties of information regarding the portfolio investments held by the Funds.
|Number of Holdings||467||12,568|
|Number of Issuers||215||1,077|
|Yield to Maturity||5.08%||3.69%|
|Years to Maturity||10.40||8.72|
|Yield to Worst||5.08%||3.69%|
|Years to Worst||10.39||8.71|
|SEC 30-Day Yield (Investor shares)‡||2.71%||–|
4. Bloomberg U.S. Aggregate Bond Index
† Source: Wellington Management Company LLP, as calculated by its proprietary portfolio management system, except as noted by ‡. All characteristics are as of June 30, 2022.
‡ SEC 30-Day Yield is a current yield calculation for bond funds. It is calculated using an SEC-standardized formula and is based on the maximum offer price per share.
Accumulated daily, distributed monthly
Who should invest?
- Investors seeking a high level of current
- Investors seeking exposure to the bond market to diversify their portfolio
- Investors committed to the Fund’s impact investment standards
Who Should not invest?
- Investors unwilling or unable to accept fluctuations in share price due to risks associated with the bond market
Related Blog Post
- Impact Investing at the Forefront of Fixed IncomeAn excerpt of this article originally appeared in Environmental Finance | Autumn 2021 Impact Investing at the forefront of fixed … Continued
- Impact Report Highlights a Just Climate Transition, Corporate Emissions, and Access to Affordable HousingProgress stems from the connections we make—between our money, our values, and an array of social and environmental issues. In … Continued
Effective Duration is the market-value-weighted average of the effective duration of all securities, which is a measure of bond price sensitivity to the change in interest rates.
Yield to Maturity is the sum of the total return expected on all securities when held to maturity.
Years to Maturity is the market-value-weighted average of the time until the securities mature.
Yield to Worst is the sum of the total return expected on all securities in a worst-case call scenario.
Years to Worst is the market-value-weighted average of the time until the earliest date the securities can be called.
“Bloomberg®” and the BUSA are service marks of Bloomberg Finance L.P. and its affiliates, including Bloomberg Index Services Limited (“BISL”), the administrator of the index (collectively, “Bloomberg”) and have been licensed for use for certain purposes by Domini Impact Investments LLC (“Domini”). Bloomberg is not affiliated with Domini, and Bloomberg does not approve, endorse, review, or recommend the Fund. Bloomberg does not guarantee the timeliness, accurateness, or completeness of any data or information relating to the Fund.